Why do we have a PTA?
The Parent Teacher Association raises funds to enable big projects to go ahead as well purchasing smaller items which make the children’s learning environment more fun and attractive. As an added bonus the PTA events give everyone the chance to have a great time while raising money!
Who is involved with the PTA?
All parents automatically become members of the PTA when their child joins the school. Everyone is welcome to get involved in a variety of ways. There is also a PTA committee which meet on a regular basis, usually once a term, with smaller working groups meeting as necessary to organize the larger, more time-consuming events. We also have class representatives, with 2 reps per class. They provide a link between individual class parents and the PTA committee.
Examples of recent events
Over the last year (20-12-2013) the PTA has organized cake sales, a spooky disco, a Christmas fundraiser at Barefoot Books, a Christmas Fair, bingo nights, a ladies pamper evening and rounding off the year with a Summer fair/bbq.
How we spend the money we raise
The money raise is used to fund ‘extras’ for the children, but also to support large school projects.
In recent years we have funded:
- £500 of books for the library
- Picnic tables for the playground
- Wooden plantersA
- A catering cooker
- Netball posts and other sports equipment
- New playground markings
- Contribution to the courtyard library
- Contribution to the new upstairs toilets
What is our next project?
The PTA work with teachers, pupils and parents to decide what to purchase with the money raised. The next major purchase we would like to fundraise for is more playground equipment.
How can you get involved?
We would like to invite all parents to become involved and support in some way. We are always looking for help so if you could offer the PTA some of your time, however small, we would like to hear from you! And of course come along to our events! Below is a list of examples of how you could help:
- Attend formal/informal planning/AGM meetings
- Sell tickets for events
- Being a class representative
- Applying for licenses for events
- Preparing/shopping for events
- Help setting up events
- Attend events to manage stalls
- Donate to the school for free when you shop online. Sign up at: www.thegivingmachine.co.uk/beneficiary.php?ben_id=54705
- Donate to the PTA using “MyDonate” provided by BT. Donate at: www.mydonate.bt.com/charities/staloysiusschoolpta
- Donate more for free. Gift Aid your donation – contact the school office for a gift aid form
- ……..and lots more!
How to get in touch
The best way to get in touch is to contact your class representative or via the school office see the Contact Us page for contact details